Post(s) tagged with "planetstuck"

> Be the ghost whisperer.

Your name is ARADIA MEGIDO. You are a six sweep old troll living on the planet of ALTERNIA, your species’ homeland. Trolls are a mighty race of conquerors, the reach of their vast Empire stretching far across the galaxy in which you reside. This has resulted in them acquiring a great deal of enemies, but you’ve never been especially worried about them. The troll empire is one of the most powerful in the known universe, and Alternia is well protected. After all, it’s the core of the Empire - and the home of all of its young.

One day you will be required to join the adult trolls as a soldier in the Alternian fleet, but thankfully that day is still far off. You’re just a kid, after all. It’ll probably be another half a sweep before they call for you, and until then you are free to enjoy a peaceful life in your rural hive.

You like a great number of things, but some of your absolute favourites are things like adventure, exploration, and archeology. You unabashedly try to base your life on the tales of Alternia Jones, your favourite fictional troll hero. You practice with your whip as much as you can, so that when adventure calls, you’ll be ready. You also use it in one of your other favourite hobbies: FLARP, roleplaying games where you can pretend to do the things you often fantasize about.

Speaking of favourite things, your MOIRAIL is currently visiting your hive! Unfortunately, he hasn’t been feeling so well all night, so he went for a walk to try to clear his head. You’ve been making some mid-waking food rations for the two of you, so you hope he’ll be in the mood to eat by the time he gets back.

What will you do?

7

> Defend hive from zombie invaders.

Unfortunately, as far as you know, there’s no zombie invaders to defend it from. All the same…it couldn’t hurt to go check.


You whimsically decide to climb up onto the roof of your hive and check for zombies. Though by “check for zombies,” you mostly mean “swing around on the turbine pole and do some star gazing.” It’s another beautiful night in Alternia’s dark season, and you suddenly have an intense craving to go digging. You should probably wait, though. You still need to-


Oh hey, there’s Sollux.

> Be the moody psionic.

Your name is SOLLUX CAPTOR. You are having kind of a shitty night, not that that’s a particularly novel experience for you. You flew all the way down here to visit Aradia, but the fucking voices in your head have been so loud since you got here that you’ve hardly gotten to hang out with her at all. Being a psychic is such a pain in the ass.

Your vision twofold has been giving you problems ever since you were a grub. You know that the voices you hear are the screams and pleads of the imminently diseased, which only makes them more terrible, because as far as you know there’s nothing you can actually do with the information besides get a massive headache and want to curl up and die. Thankfully, in your time growing up you’ve never had to deal with a doom prophecy more apocalyptic than the occasional massacre. ‘Cause that would really suck.

You were hoping that some fresh air would help calm your head down, but you eventually realized that you were under serious risk of passing out in the wilderness and being eaten by hillbeasts. So now you’re heading back to Aradia’s hive and hoping that you being around isn’t making her life too much of a drag.

God, the screaming won’t fucking stop, this is getting seriously weird, you don’t know how much more you can-


Oh fuck, there’s more of them. Oh god. They’re so loud. Get out, get out, get out-


Fuck this, passing out now.

3

> Aradia: Wave cheerfully at Sollux before going back inside.

Hoping he can actually see you up here, you give Sollux a friendly wave of acknowledgment before turning to head downstairs so you can greet him proper…ly…

Oh crap.


…Okay, your moirail definitely just screamed and passed out on your lawnring. This is going down in the books as “not good.”

2

> Aradia: Alternia Jones mode ACTIVATE.

Unwilling to waste time with the stairs, you leap off of the roof of your hive to the ground below. Another important fact to remember about yourself: like your moirail, you are also a psionic - a status not uncommon amongst the lowbloods of the hemospectrum. Your telekinesis is nowhere near as powerful as his, but it’s more than enough to pad your fall. You also have your own brand of ESP, but you’re sad to say that is isn’t much more pleasant than his awful visions.


You land successfully and make it over to your fallen friend as quickly as you can. It’s looks like your lusus is already handling the situation. In the sense that she seems to think that sitting on Sollux right now is being helpful, which it really isn’t. You think you might have to go over proper rescue procedure with her again.


You shoo your lusus away and try to wake Sollux up. He twitches every once in a while, making troubled sounds in his sleep, but he refuses to stir matter how much you persist. Usually he snaps out of these things if you bother him long enough. You’re getting kind of scared. What just happened to him?

3

> Aradia: Hear the voices of the apparently really recently deceased.

You don’t like doing this, but you’re running out of options. You can already hear the voices of the dead whispering in your ears. Most of the time you make a point of trying to block them out - right now, though, it seems in your best interests to listen. If something is effecting Sollux this badly…well, safe to say, his visions and dead people usually go hand in hand.

You take a deep breath and brace yourself. Then, you open yourself up to the voices of the spirits.


There are a great many of them, all speaking at once. They sound more urgent than usual. Desperate. It sounds like they’re trying to warn you of something, but in the confusion only one message resonates clearly:

"They’re coming."

"Who?" you ask, trying to dig deeper. "Who’s coming?"

"Our enemies.
They’ve gotten too close.
Run. Hide.
You won’t survive this.”

You ask more questions, hoping they’ll give you more details. But no, no matter how much you try, the words only get more and more confused. You don’t know what they’re talking about. You’re not sure they know, either.

2

> Aradia’s Lusus: Try to help some more.

2

> Aradia: Decide what to do.

You bring Sollux back inside and put him on one of your resting slabs. Something really bad is almost certainly about to happen, but you don’t know what to do about it. You feel like you should start warning your friends, but at the same time you don’t have enough information to know what to recommend. You don’t even know what you’re supposed to be running from. And you’re going have to stay put until Sollux wakes up.


Speaking of Sollux, his grubphone keeps buzzing in his pocket. You take it out, debating whether or not to answer it for him. You hope he’s not missing anything important, like…


Oh.

Huh.

6

> Aradia: Read Sollux’s private messages.

You don’t want to disrespect your moirail’s privacy, but at the same time Karkat’s especially prolific message spam makes you feel like you should check. Maybe something bad is happening - in which case, you should really try to give him an answer. But at the same time, reading all his messages to Sollux seems pretty rude.

You compromise by glancing at the last few comments to see if they give you any idea what he’s talking about. Unfortunately, by message thirty six Karkat has devolved into incoherent swearing. Biting your lip guiltily, you scroll back just a little bit further, and see this:

CG: AND I’M STANDING HERE LIKE AN ASSHOLE TRYING TO APOLOGIZE OR SOME SHIT
CG: SCREAMING STRAIGHT INTO THE GODDAMN ABYSS OF YOUR CRIMINAL NEGLIGENCE TOWARDS EMOTIONAL COMMON SENSE
CG: WHEN IN REALITY
CG: I’M NOT EVEN SURE WHAT THE HELL I’M SUPPOSED TO BE APOLOGIZING FOR??
CG: YOU’VE GOT ME CAPTOR, I AM COMPLETELY FUCKING STUMPED AS TO WHAT THE EVERLOVING SHIT IS GOING ON WITH US RIGHT NOW.
CG: SO MAYBE NOW YOU HATE ME FOREVER OR WHATEVER
CG: BUT I KNOW FOR FACT THAT WASN’T BLACKROM AND

And, you quit reading! Okay, there is absolutely no way you should be seeing this. You feel kind of embarassed now. Better just troll him yourself.

2